Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We’re looking for a strong analytics leader with proven people management, analytical, and technical skills to help grow the business. This person will build and lead a team of data analysts and data scientists who are responsible for building and maintaining data solutions to drive business insights and product direction. The team also provides reporting, analysis, and insights for key stakeholders across the broader organization.
We are a fast-paced and growing team. The ideal candidate works effectively in a cross-functional environment and is comfortable communicating with both technical and business stakeholders. This person uses data to guide decision-making, has strong business judgment, and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Hire, manage and coach a team of Data Analysts and Data Scientists
- Build strong partnership with Product, Engineering teams and other business functions to provide data solutions, and identify business opportunities
- Lead the team to develop strong domain knowledge of all different kinds of data at Checkr. Create and maintain the data catalog and data lineage.
- Leverage advanced analytics and machine learning to advance different product areas, such as turn around time, accuracy and fraud detection.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, and tools to generate insights on product performance, vendor data quality, as well as providing insights to our customers.
- Inform, influence and support both product decisions and business decisions
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 5+ years as a manager in a formal capacity
- 7+ years of industry experiences in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, machine learning or related field
- Experience working with SQL, Data Warehousing system
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience communicating the results of an analysis to influence company and product direction
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Experience in machine learning, fraud detection, and text analytics, eg. natural language processing
- Worked at a startup
- Proven project management skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.