Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Jira is currently used by our Product and Engineering teams, and soon to be used company wide for our business teams.
The Business Applications Administrator plays an important role at Checkr to keep our current system running smoothly, and to build out new workflows and configurations as Checkr scales. You will be a key partner and SME working cross-functionally with all of our teams at Checkr and various users of the system for front-end configurations and support. You will be responsible for ensuring that Jira is running and performing optimally at all times.You are naturally curious and like to solve problems.
- Be the technical System Administrator and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Jira and all other Atlassian tools.
- Perform requirements gathering, business process workflows, and process improvement for Jira workflows and processes. Design and implement new workflows and system configurations.
- Implement project reporting capabilities inside the Atlassian platform: Kanban, Scrum boards, documentation templates, as well as dashboards.
- Work with end users on front-end configurations.
- Create training guides and conduct in-person training on existing and new Atlassian functionality for employees and new hires.
- Document standards, guidelines and standard operating procedures for admins/users of the system
- Evaluate, make recommendations and manage various plugins and APIs.
- Maintain best practices for the Atlassian tools
- 3-5+ years as a Jira System Administrator, experience with Jira Cloud
- Experience configuring and supporting the application including custom workflows, configuring screens, fields, project schemes, and permissioning within Jira
- Certified Jira Administrator ACP-100 preferred
- Experience working in IT Operations or typical system administration responsibilities.
- Self-directed approach with high degree of initiative to investigate and resolve issues.
- Experience in supporting technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience using JIRA Rest API for viewing, editing, creating tickets preferred
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership and transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Diversity at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talent from diverse groups and fostering a culture that honors gender and ethnicity in tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.