Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineering Manager to build and lead our SRE team. The SRE team will partner with DevOps to support the Kubernetes and AWS infrastructure. SREs will work with product teams and DevOps team to design, build, and maintain high-performance, scalable, reliable services. As an Infrastructure Engineering Manager at Checkr, you will work closely with our foundation teams to build and run the core components that power Checkr. You will also partner with our other engineering teams to help make their services more performant, scalable, observable, and reliable. We believe every engineering team at Checkr should be responsible for the software they build, and the SRE team plays a critical part in providing the tools, practices, and expertise to make that happen.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Lead the team to monitor key infrastructure and product performance metrics
- Improve common operational challenges with tooling
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
- Design, implement and scale our microservice architecture
What you bring:
- 4+ years as an engineering manager
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with microservices, cloud infrastructure, and monitoring
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring systems using tools like Prometheus and writing health checks
- Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in a related field
- Proficiency in Golang
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.