Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The finance team at Checkr celebrates understanding the big picture, and this role will balance deep financial analysis with extensive business partnering. As a Finance Manager, you’ll be part of our Strategic Planning & Analysis (Strategic Finance) team providing critical financial, business, and reporting support to teams such as Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Operations.
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for your teams (e.g., Monthly Reviews, Forecasts, and Annual Budget)
- Partner with key business stakeholders to achieve company goals
- Drive OpEx budgeting and headcount management
- Build complex yet intuitive financial models to identify risks & opportunities
- Continual process improvements to help scale the business
- Ability to independently address new analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build models, validate assumptions, perform analyses, and present results
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- At least 5+ years of experience
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Proficient skills in Excel, Powerpoint (or Google Slides)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience using forecasting tools (Adaptive Insights, Anaplan) and/or data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau) is a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).