Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Global Payroll Manager will partner with the business and employees to deliver a best-in-class payroll and benefits experience. This role will be critical in providing a welcoming experience for employees as we continue to expand our geographic footprint domestically and internationally. A successful Global Payroll Manager will have a high degree of accuracy, with a passion for learning in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Process semi-monthly domestic payroll for three entities, and a monthly international payroll
- Responsible for data integrity of all inputs into the payroll system, as well as the flow of data outbound to downstream benefit platforms
- Manage relationships with vendors, including but not limited to, our 401(k) provider, stock administration system, international payroll vendor, and benefit vendors where applicable
- Constantly strive to improve systems and processes to ensure we are providing a market competitive experience for our employees
- At ease presenting information and training to large groups of employees
- Preparation of payroll journal entries, and month end reconciliation of payroll accounts on a timely basis in line with the close calendar
- Coordinate new state registrations with legal department and proactive management of expansion by working with the talent team as we grow into new areas
- Set up and coordination of payroll in new international locations, working with employees and vendors to create a sustainable and streamlined process
- Experience with stock administration and 401(k) plans
- Other job duties as assigned
- 6+ years of total work experience; preference for 2+ years of experience in management
- Confidently streamline and automate existing processes, while providing insight on opportunities for improvement
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of employees, from entry level to executive team
- Comfortable in a consistently changing environment with high growth
- Resourceful and able to drive projects autonomously, with limited oversight
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into actionable recommendations, especially to executives
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now, Fidelity PSW, and Carta is preferred
- Tech savvy and able to learn new systems and tools quickly
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.