Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
About the Role:
The Business Development team at Checkr is responsible for opening markets, forging new partnerships and acting as the tip of the spear to deliver revenue and success for our customers, partners and business. The Product Partnerships team is responsible for unlocking exciting new products for Checkr through our trusted partners. We are looking for a creative individual who can cultivate win-win relationships with partners and work across every single function internally. If you love the intersection between partnerships and product, this is the team for you.
- Discover new products and features that complement Checkr’s current and future roadmap, and drive the decision to build internally, buy a solution, or partner with industry leaders and risers
- Explore, execute, and manage partnerships and other business development opportunities required to effectively serve our clients and prospects
- Qualify new partners for fit, quality, team execution, and market readiness
- Become the expert of your partners, learning their current pain points, regulations and opportunity for background checks
- Drive net new revenue opportunities by working closely with strategic partners
- Define and own the success metrics for your partners
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, legal, sales, customer success, and operations teams to launch partners, improve customer experiences, scale partner success, and develop ways to streamline go-to-market activities
What you bring:
- An appreciation for the complexity of the background check industry across different industries and business models
- A love of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator and ability to influence change in products, people, and processes
- Adept at balancing priorities between short-term execution and long-term strategy
- Ability to suss out broad commercial opportunities and develop a detailed plan to turn that vision into real product
- Extraordinary relationship-building and presentation skills, including c-level and individual contributors, both inside and outside of Checkr
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to creatively think on your feet and adapt
- Maintain integrity in everything you do
- 5+ years of total work experience
- 2+ business development or product management experience
- Experience creating, executing, and tracking a sales and operating plan.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Early stage or high growth startup experience
- BS or BA, MBA a plus
- Ability to travel 20%+ of the time
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.