Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Engineering Support and Tools group, which is responsible for providing technical support to Customer Support team and develop internal tools for improving engineering efficiency. In this role, you will be working with customer support team in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in production environment. You will be working with product and Engineering team in conducting a Root Cause Analysis, bug triage, and bug fixes. You will be assisting in developing internal tools that will help improve engineering efficiency. If you are passionate about solving complex technical problems and want to apply innovative ideas in building tools and processes that will enable teams across Checkr to provide high-quality products and services, we want you!
What a typical week looks like at Checkr:
- Provide technical support by way of identifying, classifying, troubleshooting, resolving and escalating customer and partner facing technical issues
- Manage the escalation process with Engineering team as necessary
- Build out and implement the monitoring and resources required to scale the technical support function
- Monitor user activity and logs to proactively identify and resolve technical problems
- Track trends in customer and partner issues to identify areas for quality improvement
- Leverage, create and update technical documentation to enable customers and other internal teams
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to build out self-service tools to reduce and streamline technical support instances over time
What we value in Engineering Support Engineer:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer or Software Engineer or related role
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
- Experience with ORMs and datastores (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Hands on experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Ability to diagnose and remediate basic technical issues
- Ability to run through code to debug issues
- You are a team player who can work with Customer support, product, and engineering in evaluating and prioritizing customer facing issues
- You like troubleshooting issues and find a root cause of a problem
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Worked at a startup
- Experience with modern web frameworks (Rails, React, Angular, etc.)
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent (BS or MS)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.