Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to join the core data products and services team. This team is responsible for interfacing with external vendors, internal data sets, customer dashboards, and internal tools to help applicants move through the process quickly and help customers deeply understand their applicants. You will work cross-functionally with the engineering team and product team to help deliver major product engineering efforts. Example projects including standardizing an API and data layer for many different data vendors, building out brand new product lines, and guiding architecture changes as we shift to microservices.
- Collaborate, drive and execute architectural discussions with cross functional teams
- Design, build, ship and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Checkr’s engineering teams.
- Collaborate with peers across Engineering to triage bugs and troubleshoot complex production issues across the stack, with respect to performance.
- Remove any technical roadblocks for Engineering
- Present detailed technical information and benefits of the Checkr’s platform to a wide array of customers, including operations, developers, technical architects and executives.
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and TCP/IP, thoughtful about data architecture and MySQL/datastore performance tuning, and can judge what a good API looks like.
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user.
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects while motivating change across multiple levels of engineering executives and organizations.
- You have past experience working directly with Sales, CSMs and consultants
- Worked at a startup
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.