Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As the Staff Accountant, you will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager. You will play a major role in Checkr’s Order to Cash process. You will ensure invoices are complete, accurate and sent timely to Checkr’s customers, apply payments to open AR balances, support Customer Success and billing /credit memo inquiries and support month close operations. In addition you will help in ad-hoc projects and supporting our annual audit.
- Collaborate with Engineering team to ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of invoices to Checkr customers
- Record and process customer payments
- Calculate and apply sales tax to eligible customers
- Support customer success team on inquiries related to billing and credit requests
- Review outstanding accounts receivable and perform collections
- Prepare financial reporting including ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis
- Partner with internal teams and develop relationships to ensure positive collaboration
- Assist with continuous process improvement and development of automated systems including implementation and enhancements to AR/Billing tools
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and month / quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Assist with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting and finance department
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 1-3 years of accounting-related work experience
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite) and Excel; Stripe experience a plus
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).