Slack is hiring a Senior Researcher in San Francisco to partner with our Expansion team, whose mission is to help teams seamlessly discover and purchase the best Slack product for their organization. Expansion is a data-driven team that thrives on using qualitative and quantitative data. In this role, you'll help balance the thoughtful use of data and experimentation through a deep understanding of the customer journey. If you’re excited about helping Slack grow while also maintaining a world-class customer experience, we'd love to hear from you.
The Research & Analytics team aims to improve product value throughout the customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures. We provide data at every stage of the product development cycle. As a researcher, you are embedded in a product vertical alongside a team of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other business partners. In addition to conducting a variety of practical and impactful research, you're building and maintaining the strong user-centered culture at Slack.
Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, with everything in between. The right person will be a strong researcher and is passionate about technology, comfortable in a fast-moving organization and focused on shaping the design of Slack. You'll conduct best-in-class research to fulfill Slack’s mission of making working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Gather and prioritize key questions from the Product, Design, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Plan and conduct impactful research throughout the entire product cycle to answer the questions posed above
- Gather insights about customers and prospects by using various research methods—including surveys, interviews, diary and usability studies
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in an engaging and actionable manner
- Partner with product teams in order to help them use research insights to make Slack better
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story
- Be an evangelist for customer and product research within Slack
What you should have
- 5+* years industry experience
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or have equivalent experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Ability to collaborate effectively and communicate clearly
- Willingness to get your hands dirty doing a wide variety of research-related tasks—including recruiting participants