Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $15 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer, who has a passion for security and possesses a deep and wide expertise in data and infrastructure security spaces. This individual will be a core member of the security team and will work cross-functionally to prevent, detect and responds to threats that may arise against our infrastructure. Join a growing team of talented security professionals continuously innovating and securing Prosper’s platforms for customers and employees.
What You Will Do
- Research and create PoC of security technologies and solutions, recommend best solution/products suited for Prosper environment
- Architect security solutions and technically lead their implementation from end to end
- Operate, maintain and enhance policies on security tools such as Qualys, Websense, Sourcefire, Tripwire, Imperva, Cyberark, Carbonblack, Cyphort, Gemalto Safenet, IBM Qradar etc.
- Perform threat management and handle security incidents- monitor security events, identify any abnormal/malicious behavior, investigate, triage and respond to security incidents
- Enhance SIEM and other monitoring tools to better co-relate security events and weed out false positives
- Work with MSSP for security event monitoring
- Work with Prosper’s technical operations teams to identify and remediate infrastructure and data security related vulnerabilities
What You Will Need To Have
- 4+ years of InfoSec focused work experience
- Experience and passion for implementing new tools, automating current processes and designing new processes
- Industry certificates: CISSP, OSCP, CEH, RHCE, MCSE, VCP, CCIE/CCNP etc. preferred
- Knowledge of network and/or web related protocols TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, etc.
- Experience on network, firewall, Linux OS and windows OS administration
- Good understanding on risk model and provide solid advice to mitigate related risk.
- Ability to understand the security solution landscape to identify, protect, detect, response, recover from security issues/vulnerabilities
- Team oriented skills and persistent on follow-up to close the loop on open tasks
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.