Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Office team is responsible for creating the unique Dropbox environment in our growing offices around the world. From San Francisco to Sydney, our office team locates, designs, and maintains our global campuses. Meanwhile, the Tuck Shop crew raises the culinary bar with every meal.
Dropbox is seeking a highly motivated Facilities Management professional to join our team and manage back-of-house facilities hard services, including commercial kitchens, throughout North America in a rapidly growing environment. As the Head of North America Facilities at Dropbox, you will be responsible for ensuring our domestic Dropbox offices can drive productivity for the business. You’ll provide leadership for a team of facilities coordinators and vendor partners to ensure that facilities operations run seamlessly. This role will provide pivotal leadership in facility service operations throughout the region by implementing new processes and procedures. As a key part of an exciting and growing company, you'll play a critical part in scaling our business. This role reports to the Head of Workplace Services - Americas and is based out of San Francisco at Dropbox’s headquarters.
- Manage facilities operations including janitorial, waste management, HVAC, furniture repairs & maintenance, mail room shipping & receiving services, preventative maintenance and operations for 5+ locations throughout North America, totaling 1M square feet
- Lead, manage, cultivate, and develop the U.S. Facilities Management team for 5+ FTEs and numerous contracted service providers and vendor resources with integrity and transparency
- Manage relationships with landlord property management for building operations and maintenance at full-service gross, triple-net, as well as serviced office leased locations
- Consult and influence cross functionally to build best-in-class facilities, including Workplace Services, Design & Construction, Food Services and Corporate Engineering with expertise in equipment, controls and building automation maintenance
- National vendor procurement, contract negotiations and management, included but not limited to setting SLA’s, KPI’s and QBR processes in partnership with Procurement
- Develop new policies, refine existing, communicate them and have the team execute against them
- Maintain and keep up to date records for all regulatory inspections, maintain a preventative maintenance program including: heating, air conditioning, janitorial, as well as maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment.
- Build a strategy for long-term constant improvement of our services to drive results and accountability of business needs by proactively identifying opportunities, issues and risks
- Manage budgets and build operational forecasts for hard services at multiple sites
- Partner with your peer lead for International locations to create a holistic global Facilities program for Dropboxers in which customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal
- You have 7+ years experience in a facilities, engineering and/or property management roles at a fast-growing organization, ideally in a tech or professional services environment
- You have 3+ years experience managing, mentoring and growing a national facilities team of 5+ FTEs and several imbedded vendor/suppliers, of which at least 3 were direct reports
- You have demonstrated experience in back-of-house facilities hard services, including commercial kitchen operations & maintenance
- You're metrics-driven, able to translate trends in data into long-term goals and priorities that drive efficiency and constant improvement
- You have a broad understanding of various workplace maintenance functions. as well as experience with office build outs, with an ability to communicate technical recommendations for future operations and maintenance
- You're able to work remotely and manage people in remote locations, often times multitasking several projects at once
- You have a consistent track record of completing projects and deliverables on time and in budget with diligent follow-up, meticulous attention to detail, and an ability to develop and execute best practices that align with our culture
- You pride yourself on your quality of work, organizational skills as well as relationship building skills, with the ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Ability to read blue prints, schematic drawings and technical manuals in disciplines including plant operations, HVAC, electrical, plumbing with demonstrated knowledge of experience in operations, maintenance and equipment repair.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations
- You're able to travel within your region as needed
- A real passion for Dropbox products
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)