As a senior engineer in a team lead position working for App Annie, you will be a key contributor toward product innovation. You will be leading a dedicated team that is being hired to build out a new product offering, with the ultimate goal of expanding App Annie’s addressable market. As a leader, you are expected to establish and maintain the high quality standards of your team, as well as to mentor them, but you are also expected to roll up your sleeves and contribute to the development of the codebase.
What you will tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie’s brand new Vancouver Office, which is focused entirely on bringing new products to market, and will be working on delivering an as-yet-unreleased paid product, helping to accelerate the growth of the company."
How will you do this?
- Collaborate with Product owners and engineering leaders to build out new user-facing features, as well as the back-end APIs to support those features
- Lead a team of developers to deliver high quality code
- Manage your team’s deliverables, identify issues and work to resolve them
- Ensure the technical feasibility of product requirements
- Develop well-written, testable and performant code, alongside your teammates
Who are you?
- A technical innovator with leadership experience
- Someone who understands the benefits and trade-offs of relational and non-relational data storage solutions, and how to choose the right tool for the right job
- Excellent understanding of asynchronous request handling and promise-based programming
- Highly proficient with developing containerized applications
- Well-versed in OWASP security principles
- Someone who enjoys teaching as much as they love to learn
What should you bring to the party?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years in software development with a focus on developing rich web applications
- At least 1 year in a team lead / managerial position
- Experience delivering high-quality code without relying on someone else to find bugs in it
- An attitude of test-driven development, with a keen focus on user requirements
Who are we?
App Annie is the largest app intelligence platform, delivering powerful market data and insights to succeed in the app economy. Over 500,000 mobile app professionals rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their app business and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 300+ employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has raised $157 million in funding from investors such as e.Ventures, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Learn more at https://www.appannie.com.
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more)
- 15 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, and stock options
- Extended health and dental benefits, including
- Gym membership subsidy