App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
You will participate to the development that creates the world's #1 app stores analytics service.
Together with the team you will build out new product features and applications using agile methodologies and hot open source technologies.
You will work with Product Manager, Software Architects, Data Scientists, and will be on the front lines of coding and have a chance to be an end to end data expert, which covers
data scraping, data processing, data analytics/mining and data service.
How will you be doing this?
- Implement and maintain core component for App Annie Unified Data System with high quality work while being confident in dealing with big data challenges, which is composed of data pipeline & unified storage(OLTP + OLAP) & generic data service engine, which is based on Cloud(AWS etc.) and Big Data ecosystem (Spark, Hadoop, Celery, Kafka, Postgresql, Hbase, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Carbondata etc.)
- Speed up data delivery and provide deep insights to customers based on trillions rows and PB level data.
- Communicate well and clearly with teams oversea in both oral and written English.
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
What will you bring to the team?
- You are a proficient engineer with 2+ years Linux environment development experience
- You are a proficient engineer with 2+ years data processing development experience
- Proficient experience in distributed computing and distributed storage. Master the knowledge of OLTP and OLAP and big data ecosystem(Computation: Mapreduce, Spark/Flink, Presto/Hive, Celery etc.; Storage: Postgresql/Mysql, Hbase, Elasticsearch, Mongodb, HDFS, Kafka etc.)
- Proficient programming experience in Python(Numpy, Pandas and Scikit-learn) or Scala/Java is a big plus
- Background of data mining/machine learning domain, familiar with NLP algorithms and libs is a big plus
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good ability of communication
- Good English spoken and written skills. You will need to be able to work with Western managers in a bilingual environment
- Major in Computer Science or Math/Physics
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you are involved. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
“App Annie gives me a big imagination in mobile internet and my career development.”
“App Annie is like our home, we all feel comfortable and free to work here.”
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Working a little later? We’ll cover your dinner and ride home.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. The company created the mobile app data market and has been fueling world-class, mobile-first businesses since 2010. App Annie’s mission is to power B2C companies’ mobile transformation and enable clients to deliver winning consumer experiences. More than 1,000 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the gold standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 11 offices worldwide.
App Annie does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any unsolicited agency resumes received will be treated as the property of App Annie, and App Annie will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
App Annie is an equal opportunity employer. App Annie values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual