Slack is looking for a customer focused, detailed oriented Accounts Payables Analyst with strong system knowledge of Coupa to join our Procure-to-Pay team in Denver.
You will be responsible for providing day to day Invoice management and support for the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) team as well as execute on the team’s strategy, organizational goals, policies, and processes covering the scope outlined below. You will partner with internal teams and external vendors in understanding and refining our P2P experience. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support our rapidly growing global organization.
You must be able to work in a dynamic, high volume environment. Above all else, you are focused on delivering a simple procure-to-pay experience that makes our internal Customers’ working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will do
- Invoice Management
- Perform prompt, correct, and complete processing of vendor invoices for the US Region.
- Upload vendor invoices, optimize invoice automation, process invoice exception queues, and complete invoice research and reconciliation as required to clear vendor invoices for payment.
- Record AP transactions timely and accurately, including goods-received-not-invoiced and goods-invoiced-not-received
- Assist Procurement with supplier setups where needed
- Partner with Procurement to streamline the Procure-to-Pay process
- Drive the implementation and adoption of our automated payables solutions
- Support our P2P compliance processes; Invoices; and Payments; to ensure audit compliance; high data quality especially around general ledger coding; and all matters impacting accruals
- Communicate with vendors and internal customers to resolve discrepancies and reconcile vendor statements
- Assist the AP Manager with tasks related to correct vendor setup and onboarding for electronic invoicing
- Liaise with Accounting on related processes: new vendor set up, wire payments, stop payments and check re-issue
- Respond to inquiries from external vendors and internal business partners related to Accounts Payable;
- Develop deep knowledge of business needs and recommend continuous improvement around P2P processes and systems
- Challenge our suppliers, employees, and profession to enable a simple Procure-to-Pay process
- Work with our Supplier Community to drive additional automation and to improve supplier performance
- Monthly Close & Reporting
- Assist P2P leadership as needed on a monthly close process, including the reconciliation of the accounts payable sub-ledger, validation of accruals and reconciliation of credit card accounts
- Assist in the maintenance of the Procure-to-Pay dashboard and metrics
- Support external and internal audit and reporting requirements
- Support the annual 1099 reporting process
What you should have
- 3+ years of recent experience in Accounts Payable work experience or related fields
- Experience processing international payments
- One (1) year of automated accounts payable experience with leading P2P systems.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent internal relationship building skills – your ability to partner with other parts of the organization will be essential to your success
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiarity with the budgeting and financial close processes
- Technical knowledge of systems such as Coupa, Netsuite, and/or Workday preferred
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Business, or related work experience