FANDOM is seeking a UX Researcher to join our team and support our product development efforts working with a team of Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineers. We’re looking for smart, intentional and friendly problem-solvers who want to better understand the user needs and behaviors of pop culture fans worldwide.
About your role:
You will work closely with our Director of UX Research as well as other product designers and product managers to research, plan, and conduct, and analyze qualitative and quantitative research studies. You should be interested in the intersection of pop culture and online communities, with a desire to learn more about what drives participatory experiences online.
- Gather insights about customers using a variety of research methods, such as surveys, 1:1 interviews, diary studies, collaborative group sessions and usability studies
- Work closely with the product development teams to help them use research insights to improve the overall FANDOM user experience
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner
- Collaborate with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our customers
- Work in a high-paced environment and create results quickly and with little guidance
- 2-5 years in applied design research in fast-paced, consumer-facing product organizations
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development lifecycle
- Partner closely with design, analytics, marketing and product to prioritize, design and conduct exploratory, formative and evaluative research studies
- Demonstrated success influencing product and design decisions based on research insights
- Manage research projects end to end: develop guides and screeners, recruit, moderate, analyze, synthesize and communicate insights.
- Experience collecting and analyzing user behavior through in-person studies, remote studies, and the occasional survey
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Information Science, Computer Science, related fields, or equivalent practical experience
Bonus points if you...
- MA/MS in one of the previously mentioned academic fields
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.