Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: Money without Borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Today, customers have paid over £1 billion into their borderless accounts and are saving themselves £60 million every month in bank fees. Yet we’re moving less than 1% of the world’s money. There’s still lots to do but we can’t do it alone!
So, what's the job?
We’re on the hunt for a product-minded controller to join our Treasury team in Tallinn. The Treasury team makes sure money moves quickly to wherever our customers need it, and managing the risk of currency rate fluctuations allowing us to offer customers fast transfers and the real mid-market rate.
You’ll be focused on ensuring efficient controls and reporting of the Treasury actions - understanding what drives our results, and implementing processes to communicate our results and risks to stakeholders. Your work will be instrumental in improving our product, making an impact on our customers' lives, and moving us closer to our mission.
- Help maintain the engine within the TransferWise rocket ship. Treasury control capabilities are essential to steer us in the right direction and comply with financial, regulatory and risk requirements in all our jurisdictions around the world.
- Use this deep knowledge to help build a narrative on our results and manage communications and reporting to various stakeholders: internally to TransferWise business units, our leadership team, and externally to investors and debt holders.
- Work closely with other teams like Finance and the Risk Committee to build accurate reporting automatically from the source systems and share information.
- Drive impact by giving the rest of the team accurate data, timely results and meaningful insights and provide them with the tools they need.
- Work with Treasury developers to ensure our systems and calculations are robust.
We're a global team, so do expect a lot of video-calls and some international travel around 8 times a year to offices like London and Singapore.
A bit about you:
You're a great team player who is passionate about transforming the financial industry for good and improving the lives of customers. You're comfortable making considered but firm decisions when there’s no right answer, and taking ownership for your decisions and your work. You'll have:
- Prior experience in either financial controlling, FP&A, financial audit, financial advisory or management accounting.
- Built financial reports / models for businesses like ours.
- Dealt with internal or external stakeholders on a regular basis, communicating reports, requirements etc.
- A good understanding of accounting principles.
- An ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data, you're not afraid of SQL.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with trading data (FX, Fixed income, etc).
- Understanding of risk management frameworks.
- Knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
What we offer in return:
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.