Operations Risk Lead – Tallinn at TransferWise
We’re looking for an Operations Risk Lead to join our payment operations team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies and be part of our cross-border Operations team to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll receive a competitive package including salary, stock options in a fast growing company, and a wide array of benefits.
- Understanding operations risks, working with operational, product development and other teams on managing and mitigating them.
- Scaling risk culture within Operations as well as helping to drive it across company in collaboration with other teams.
- Sufficient resources with relevant skills, ensuring high quality, high efficiency risk management partners for Operations teams.
- Mission Zero, increasing the efficiency of the Operations teams.
- Health and productivity of the specialists within your team, helping to set the right culture and implement the right approaches.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop a strong Operations Risk team and support specialists on their personal growth paths.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- Support defining the goals and vision for our TransferWise risk management framework.
- Help teams analyse new products and operational processes, define risk levels, build controls and set goals.
- Ensure alignment within Operations organisation regarding processes, controls and risk mitigation efforts.
- Work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better.
- Help the team develop and measure KPIs for success.
- Act as the main point of contact for Operations risks and controls topics for internal and external interested parties.
- Scale culture and help to create a positive and motivating work environment.
- Travel to work and learn with our teams in the United States, Singapore and more.
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree.
- You have 1+ years of work experience in risk management or audit field.
- You have experience in leading, coaching and mentoring driven and high performing team.
- You focus on accuracy, are independent and pay attention to every detail.
- You are data-driven, able to prioritise the value add, measure the impact and have a proven track record of moving metrics and reaching your KPI goals.
- You drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened.
- You can explain problems clearly and include others in the team to discuss solutions. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences when either giving or receiving feedback.
- You’re comfortable working within teams that face big challenges and taking responsibility in difficult situations.
- You have passion for technology and risk management.
- You have worked with external partners as well as with product development teams.
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience leading teams distributed across different locations and time zones.
- Passion for international finance, foreign exchange and payment systems.
Some of your benefits:
- Stock options
- In-house gym plus sports & wellness compensation
- Weekly team meals and free breakfast
- All-expenses-paid annual company event in Estonia
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Paid sick leave