What’s the role?
We're looking for a super smart English speaking Content Specialist to join our growing performance marketing team. Content and SEO at TransferWise isn’t about sticking keywords on a blog article or building artificial links but making sure we offer the best possible content and on-site experiences to our customers.
A role ideal for candidates with entry level marketing SEO / Digital Marketing / Journalism / PR experience who are passionate about blogging and content creation.
At TransferWise we’re on a mission to empower our users to make smart financial decisions based on transparent information. Our content team is no different. There is no point in working in SEO unless you understand how the content you’re producing is helping the end user.
What will you be doing?
As a Content Specialist, you will get to contribute to content production for a blog relating to a specific market and fuel adoption of TransferWise through content that people discover on Google.
- Making plans - through extensive keyword research, you will understand the wants and needs of our potential new customers
- Editing copy - You’re not afraid to fix copy or make direct changes when necessary
- Coordinate and manage a bunch of talented freelance writers
- Full ownership of your content - From brainstorming to briefing, proofreading, editing and finally publishing articles: you will own every stage of the process
- Teamwork - you will get to work with other teams such as Product, Business, Paid Social and Affiliates
- Following frameworks: You will ensure our content follows legal, brand and PR guidelines
- Direct impact: You will see directly how your actions influence your reader’s decisions
- Communicate key insights and obstacles to the team and broader company.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of our fantastic international teams.
- You are an English speaker and your writing is excellent — fluency in another language is a plus.
- You’ve got a strong interest in blogging and you’re willing to learn more about SEO. Background in SEO / Digital Marketing / Journalism / PR is a bonus but not mandatory, training will be provided.
- You’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty: From small copy changes to uploading batches of new content, you’ll get it done
- A great eye for detail - From words to visuals: the final article/page will look their best
- You have a good understanding of what makes content great
- You thrive more on independence than structure — and you come ready-equipped with a thick skin and a sizeable sense of humour.
- You are analytical: from traffic numbers to conversion rates, you understand how to measure the performance of your work.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be part of a team of exceptionally talented marketers who consistently break new ground in performance marketing. To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at TransferWise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
Within TransferWise we operate with a great degree of autonomy, so you’ll be in charge of your own workload and focus areas, giving you the chance to have a huge impact on one of the Europe’s fastest growing & most successful startups.
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.