Now is an exciting time to join us at TransferWise. We are opening an office in Brussels and looking for a Compliance Manager to contribute to the building of our European compliance team. As Compliance Manager you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing and managing systems and processes to support our compliance function. You’ll help maintain oversight over the outsourced functions and strengthen our Belgian regulatory compliance framework.
- Day-to-day management of European regulatory compliance matters: managing and coordinating regular reporting schedule, responding to information requests, proactively communicating product changes and notifiable events;
- Assist with preparation of compliance reports to management and the board;
- Take ownership of our regulatory compliance documentation, policies and procedures;
- Develop systems to track and monitor our compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies;
- Work with product teams to educate them about regulatory requirements, and support documentation of decision-making and risk assessments within teams;
- Provide compliance input to product teams on operational process changes and improvements;
- Work with our customer support teams on building a knowledge base of compliance topics.
Upon joining us, you'll need to spend a month or so onboarding in our London office and subsequently travel there (and to other European offices) regularly to spend time with the rest of the global compliance team.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of TransferWise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the regulatory framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives by horizon-scanning for new regulatory developments and sharing these with the teams.
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll be the first Compliance Manager in our Belgian entity and you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
A bit about you:
If you have a background in payments or other financially regulated service, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity, then this role could be perfect for you!
- Previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector;
- Experience of working with regulators or similar bodies;
- Strong knowledge of Belgian regulatory requirements;
- Analytical skills and familiarity with analytical tools (e.g. Looker);
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Independence, pro-activity and willingness to get things done;
- Fluency in French and English (bonus points for Dutch);
- Flexibility to travel and spend time in some of our other European offices (around 25% but it could sometimes be more);
- Excellent organisational, communication and cross-team cooperation skills;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player.
- Legally authorized to work in Belgium. Sadly we cannot support visas for this role.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary;
- Generous stock options package;
- Flexible and remote working;
- Annual company holiday;
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years plus loads more.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.