Now is an exciting time to join us at TransferWise. We're opening an office in Brussels and our fast-growing and international AML team is looking for a skilful and passionate AML Reporting Officer. If you are passionate about finding out things - this is a job for you! We have a lot of excitement in our work, but of course there’s some routine stuff that needs to be done.
- Prepare and submit suspicious activity reports to the CTIF-CFI;
- Independently conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiry with customers;
- Independently research and resolve issues while working across teams to acquire information;
- Work closely with our teams in Tallinn and Budapest in order to make sure that the reporting of suspicious activity is done in line with the CTIF-CFI guidelines and regulatory requirements;
- Act as the point of contact with the CTIF-CFI and local law enforcement agencies;
- Prepare reports about STRs addressed to the AMLCO and used for the Board update.
Upon joining us, you'll need to spend a month or so onboarding in our Tallinn office and subsequently travel there (and to Budapest) regularly to spend time with the AML teams.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of TransferWise’s customers and products and how we are achieving Money Without Borders.
- Help keep our product safe from the bad guys.
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll be the first AML Reporting Officer in our Belgian entity and you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
- Play a role in helping the Belgian authorities to protect customers, beyond just TransferWise.
A bit about you:
- Experience in AML field, preferably in investigating suspicious activity (previous experience in working with the CTIF-CFI is a plus);
- Curious mind and internal desire to find out stuff;
- Analytical skills and familiarity with analytical tools (e.g. Looker);
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Fluency in French and English (Dutch is a plus);
- Excellent written English skills;
- Experience with investigative techniques and report writing;
- Great communication skills;
- Flexibility to travel and spend approximately 1 full week a month outside Belgium.
- Legally authorized to work in Belgium. Sadly we cannot support visas for this role.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary;
- Generous stock options package;
- Flexible and remote working;
- Annual company holiday;
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years plus loads more.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.