The Director of Product Commercialization is part of the Supply Chain Operations function. He/She will lead a technical team of experts on Beauty R&D, Manufacturing and Packaging to
- Support the commercialization of new physical products for Glossier,
- Manage product updates or technical transfers in order to support our supply chain & product strategies
- Support the evaluation & assessment of our current and new vendor base
6 Month Expectations:
- Onboard and become familiar with Glossier’s current physical product line as well as their materials, vendor base and manufacturing needs
- Onboard with all cross functional teams that will interact with this role (PMD, Creative, Quality, Production, GSM, Logistics)
- As much as possible, meet with and visit current factories and become familiar with the manufacturing processes for our current vendors.
- Provide guidance and leadership to put in place documentation and process for new product line trials.
- Work with Quality & Product Integrity to ensure that all product specs include acceptable manufacturing tolerances
- Support the Product Reform/Renovation process based on stakeholder priorities
12 Month Expectations:
- Continue to make progress on the Product Reform/Renovation process
- Begin to identify and evaluate automation or other technical improvements to our products to improve CoGs, capacity or lead-time
- Actively involved with GSM to qualify international or new category factories to support business expansion
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing and/or development of beauty or personal care products required
- Technical experience in R&D, Manufacturing and/or Packaging
- Experience leading a technical/professional team
- Bachelor degree in a related technical field
- Ability to travel - no more than 25% of the time.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.