As the Manager of Sales Technology at Slack, you will lead a team of IT business systems analysts and developers responsible for creating and maintaining simple and intuitive technology experiences across some of our most critical sales systems. This role is part of the Go-to-Market Technology team, and we are responsible for technology solutions that deliver value to our business partners in Sales, Marketing & Legal. This is an exciting opportunity to head an innovative team at one of the fastest growing companies in enterprise software. You will be well positioned to be the best Slack “customer” and provide real-world feedback to help the company grow. The You have a vision for the future of the user experience in the modern enterprise, and is focused on finding and evolving the technology stack that will make our users’ work lives better.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Go-to-Market IT. You are a high-energy, self-starter with an ambitious spirit and the ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape. You love and excel at team building and development, as well as collaborating with multi-functional teams. Technical expertise and a real passion for innovation are crucial for this role, but you'll balance that with a solid background in building and developing teams and careers. You have an empathetic, but direct, approach to leadership that creates transparency for your team and stakeholders across the business.
- Pursue user-impacting issues with the grit and determination needed to see them through to resolution.
- Build a high performing IT Sales Technology team through mentorship, training, and direct feedback.
- Lead the team in the development of the technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Make both long-term and day-to-day process and technology decisions impacting users.
- Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers in all areas of Slack Business Technology.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external partners on a regular basis regarding progress on projects, performance and potential business risks.
- Establish and manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Business Systems Analysis.
- Expert level familiarity with Salesforce and the Sales SaaS Technology Stack
- Ability to direct the team through large projects and technical decisions that impact business users at Slack.
- Demonstrable ability to excel in a people leadership role.
- Desire to think creatively about how to bring the work people do back into Slack, through vendor-supplied and homegrown integrations and workflows.
- BA/BS is required.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.