POPSUGAR is seeking a Project Manager of Creative Operations for our New York office. The Project Manager will oversee all resources and scheduling for the design team. Additionally, the Project Manager will support the Senior Manager of Creative Operations on other initiatives, including but not limited to improving process and workflow.
This position will be responsible for facilitating all design projects and communication for the creative team with cross-functional partners. This position will also be responsible for ensuring deadlines are efficiently and consistently met. Building relationships and managing expectations are key parts of this role. The Project Manager must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, be extremely organized, and maintain a level of respect between the creative team and cross-functional teams.
POPSUGAR is a fun and exciting environment, and we are looking for someone who will be an exceptional and collaborative problem solver.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the intake of creative briefs and translate them into optimized schedules for the design team
- Proactively manage team bandwidth, tracking hours per week. Flag and provide solutions when bandwidth exceeds reasonable expectations
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing
- Manage communication around shifting priorities with key stakeholders
- Provide guidance to project requesters when developing project timelines and approach. This includes providing insight into the hours needed to complete the project and recommending innovative solutions for delivering assets efficiently
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Creative Operations to continuously improve the overall creative process
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years experience in project management, creative resourcing, account management, or design management at an agency or studio
- Thorough understanding of creative processes and content creation, from brief to delivery
- High emotional intelligence, people-person, manages expectations well
- Skillful negotiator, strong collaborator, and resourceful problem solver
- Expert prioritization skills with ability to champion creative team to produce high-quality deliverables on time
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Seasoned in managing a high volume of workstreams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced media environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience using Google Suite and Wrike or other project management tools preferred
POPSUGAR Inc. is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. The company reaches young women through its digital media brand, POPSUGAR
, its quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, its makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
and the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
. POPSUGAR delivers positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement. POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
**Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.**