Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Privacy teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
Protecting Dropbox and our users is critical to being worthy of trust. We’re looking for a Privacy Privacy Program to join our team. In this role, you’ll partner closely with fellow Dropboxers in Engineering and Product, Product Counseling, and Risk & Compliance in running a dynamic and constantly evolving privacy program. You’ll be responsible for leading Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), contributing to privacy by design processes, and holistically evaluating the state our privacy program and related processes. This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to interact with a diverse and multi-disciplinary cross-section of our company. You’ll be expected to build upon Dropbox’s legacy of thoughtful and privacy-conscious innovation.
- Engaging with teams across Dropbox to help them navigate through privacy considerations related to products and business operations.
- Developing deep expertise in our products and technology stack, and how they process personal data.
- Partnering with Product Counsel to centralize and efficiently manage Dropbox’s privacy by design processes.
- Leading continuous cross-functional efforts that ensure Dropbox maintains industry-leading practices in protecting personal data.
- Partnering with business and engineering teams to implement privacy controls.
- Promoting privacy best practices for customer, employee, partner, and vendor personal information.
- 3+ years of overall experience in program management at a technology company or similar organization.
- 1+ years of experience directly working in privacy projects or engagements.
- Proficient and practical knowledge of global privacy regulations, standards, and frameworks.
- Genuine passion for technology and desire to tackle complex problems with creative solutions.
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with product managers, engineers and legal counsel.
- Understanding and willingness to learn about diverse business functions.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in fast-paced team environment and drive urgency.
- Process-focused with a track record of creating processes that scale.
- CIPP, CISA, CISSP, CCSK, or other professional certifications/associations a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)