POPSUGAR is looking for a highly-driven individual to join the Revenue team at our San Francisco location as a Senior Accountant. The candidate must be a team player, detail oriented and possess good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
This position will report to the Revenue Manager, focusing primarily on revenue reporting, billing reconciliation, contract review, collection and day-to-day AR management.
• Perform billing calculation and create revenue recognition schedules.
• Review revenue-related agreements and terms.
• Perform credit review on new customers.
• Oversee the collection efforts on past due accounts.
• Review and process credit memos and billing adjustment requests.
• Generate monthly invoices for multiple business verticals.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Maintain updated roll-forward deferred revenue schedules on a monthly basis.
• Track progress of revenue-related projects.
• Perform KPIs calculations including DSO and revenue trend analysis.
• Assist in documenting process memos.
• Assist with external audits.
• Support the Accounting team for ad hoc projects as needed.
· BS/BA degree in Accounting or related discipline.
· 3 to 5 years of solid relevant work experience, including billing and collection.
· Strong Excel skills (lookup function, pivot table, data validation, goal seek, macro).
· Comprehension of revenue recognition guidelines (including ASC 605 and ASC 606).
· Digital media advertising experience a plus.
· Experience in reviewing agreements and familiarity with IAB standards a plus.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.