ZEFR’s RightsID Team is growing! RightsID is an industry-leader in Digital Rights Management for social video platforms. As these platforms and social video continue to grow, so does our portfolio of enterprise Movie, TV, Music and Sports customers. We're looking for great people who are passionate about solving big problems with technology in a rapidly evolving ecosystem: our software solutions need to work for us, our customer and the video platforms. We call it the win-win-win and we want you to be a part of it.
We are hiring a new Software Development Manager to our growing applications team. This is an opportunity for problem-solving with an innovative team that is making magic every day by developing better, faster, more powerful, robust, and scalable backends for other internal teams and external clients.
As a great candidate for this position, you will have experience leading a team of experienced software engineers. They should be proficient in reading and writing Python and/or Java in an open-source, fast-paced environment. We are looking for managers who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty, who set their team up for success while still contributing critical code.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Lead with your core team of 4 in developing applications that enable internal and external clients to make clear decisions faster with the most relevant information sooner in the process than ever before
- Develop completely new products and tools that will be shared across the application development landscape at ZEFR
- Consistently deliver high quality code both personally and as a team
- Collaborate on architecture and design with other development teams across ZEFR
- Work alongside smart, fun, and driven teams; play basketball, have a snow cone, reign supreme at Pub Trivia Night, battle for your digital life in the War Room, express your creativity in our One Minute Film Festivals, Open Mic Night, or Instagram Challenges, eat cake on Cake Day (gluten-full and gluten-free), get paid to ride your bike to work, and of course, you'll be on the team of YouTube's biggest partner - social video's biggest player.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a team lead or manager
- 5+ years of professional development experience coding in an open source environment
- 1+ years of professional Python experience
- 1+ years of professional JVM experience, in Java, Scala or Kotlin
- Experience with digital media, social media, and their tools is a big plus
- Thorough testing and code review standards/practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a team-player attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills