About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to become a key member of the Payments Partnerships organization focused on consumer products. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a team environment and is excited to scale existing and create a new businesses within Uber. Ideally, you've excelled in some product and more importantly relationship-building roles.
About Payments at Uber
Payments at Uber is a strategic differentiator and one of the most fundamental pieces of the Uber experience globally. From taking a trip to ordering a meal to making driving the most flexible source of income for driver partners, payments plays a central role. Further, one of Uber's next great frontiers is to build custom financial products to deepen our relationship with consumers. From providing drivers instant access to their earnings, enabling riders to pay for trips with Uber Cash, we are just getting started laying the foundation for a suite of new products that will change the way people think about paying and getting paid across the 65 countries in which we operate.
What You'll Do
- Manage the P&L for global partnerships, continuously evaluating and executing creative and sensible commercial actions to drive growth and efficiencies to scale the business
- Contribute to global BD strategy in concert with Product, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and Regional Operations teams including opportunity sizing and prioritization of resources
- Evaluate strategic initiatives and partnership opportunities across geographies and throughout the value chain (e.g. issuers, processors, networks) performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Understand business model implications and communicate in a financially grounded way
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact key payments and core business objectives applying creativity and business acumen
- Drive team accountability by managing the global deal pipeline and review process, ensuring deals serve company strategy, accounting for risk appropriately, monitoring competitive developments, and conducting impact assessments and readouts
- Interface and serve as PoC for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships
- Proactively communicate and keep global team up to speed on progress and changes
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years of experience with preference for prior business development, strategic partnerships, investment banking, or management consulting experience
- A history of forming and and more importantly effortlessly executing partnerships, to drive operational excellence and scale for growth.
- Raw intellect that allows you to keep up with Uber's pace, demonstrate big picture, structured thinking and in the moment, sharp thinking to complex issues
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and complex problem solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills that allow you to dynamically flex from earning trust and mapping out strategic objectives with senior-level execs to leveraging performance metrics with marketing, product, engineering, finance, and legal counterparts to define and paint a compelling vision
- Ability to think outside the box with creatively to address problems in the payment space that the industry has not faced yet
- Prior experience in the payments space helpful but not necessary
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.