The People Development team is growing and we’re looking for a full time Onboarding specialist to join our team in Tallinn. TransferWise is still scaling at an incredible pace and as we continue on our journey to achieve Mission Zero, we’re going to need more Wisers.
It’s important that we put effort and time into bringing all of these new Wisers on board and making sure their first months in TransferWise are great. You’ll work closely with the People Development team and the Wisers running Onboarding in other offices as a side project (such as Tampa and Singapore)
What is this role all about?
As an Onboarding Specialist your mission is to organise and deliver the 2,5 days of newbie Onboarding sessions two or sometimes three times a month. To give you a bit more context here are some things you’ll be working on:
- Organising Onboarding sessions - coordinate speakers, newbies and others. Take care of all logistical bits end-to-end and make sure everything happens when it’s supposed to happen.
- Monitor and improve the content of the sessions - make sure that it’s up to date and we cover the important bits about Transferwise, our culture, products and people as we keep on growing. Work with presenters on designing sessions, try out new methods. Gather, analyse and share feedback. Increase the pool of presenters.
- Facilitate sessions - Wiser DNA or Feedback at Onboarding and Checkpoint session with newbies about a month after their Onboarding sessions.
- Support other Wisers doing Onboarding in different offices by sharing best practices, learning from each other and figuring out new and scalable ways of doing things.
Over time you’ll focus on and build other parts of our Onboarding product such as:
- Onboarding before day 1 - how can we make new Wisers feel welcomed and included before their first day at the office? Is there an easy, (automated), scalable way of doing that?
- Tailored Onboarding plans - you’ll work with different teams and support them in creating proper Onboarding plans for their newbies as far as first weeks in TransferWise go. This will include working with different target groups and cases of Onboarding.
- Build for the future - figure out ways of doing things more effectively by automation and scaling through technology and other means.
- Improve the Onboarding experience - you might end up trying out and launching new initiatives e.g. implementing a buddy system, establishing a regular newbie mixer, creating more opportunities for meeting people and so on. At the same time, keeping in mind that the experience has to remain consistent globally
- Learn from others and be an expert in the Onboarding field - what are other similar companies doing for Onboarding and what can we learn from them.
A bit about you:
- You’re a natural people person who can build trust and rapport with ease and you’re passionate about helping others to learn
- You’ll have some experience in developing creative and engaging training/content e.g. workshops, training sessions and programmes. It helps if you have experience in non-formal education
- You’ll be a confident and engaging facilitator and communicator, being totally comfortable in front of both small and large audiences in culturally diverse settings
- You’re a proactive problem solver, build for the future, plan ahead and able to think on your feet
- You’re comfortable with generating, understanding and interpreting data. You understand how to measure the impact of Training sessions and how to use feedback and data to optimise.
What it’s really like to work here
- At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
- Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
- We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.