At TransferWise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. In 2018, we got a little bit closer to achieving that mission. We launched the TransferWise debit card.
Today, we issue that card to customers all over the USA and Europe. We’re launching in Australia next. And we’re now looking for a talented Product Designer to help bring our little green card to more people, in more countries, all over the world.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be embedded in the Spend Money team, helping us understand how customers can save money, gain clarity, and have a great experience whenever they spend on their TransferWise card.
You’ll also be a part of the wider Design team. There’s nearly 40 of us in total! So you’ll get to collaborate on cross-team projects, shape our tooling and system discussions, and tell us exactly what you think in our weekly design critique.
But most importantly, you’ll collaborate closely with your product managers, analysts, and engineers to build a vision for the best possible experience, whenever customers use their card.
At TransferWise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder, so you’ll need to:
- Work end-to-end — responsible for everything from research and insights to handoff and build phases with engineers.
- Turn solid insights into problems-to-be-solved. And be the voice of the customer in your product team.
- Collaborate with your product team to understand, prioritise and solve the problems you’ve discovered.
- Validate your concepts through research, prototypes, and user testing.
- Work through all the little details, focussing closely on implementation with engineers, and making sure the stuff we ship is world-class.
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team builds the best product.
The experience you’ll need
- You’ll have 3+ years’ experience of building and releasing consumer products. And you’ve got the portfolio to prove it.
- You’ve got a strong understanding of designing products for mobile platforms.
- You’re a natural problem solver — explaining your choices clearly, and understanding not just the ‘what’, but also the ‘why’.
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into simple, elegant, and lovely solutions.
- You’ve worked with minimal direction before. But you also know when to align with other designers, and when to ask for help.