Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $15 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
We are seeking passionate and ambitious individuals who are comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary Scrum team on our brand new financial product, HELOC. The right candidate has complete command of current web development technologies with strong skills with React and Graphql and some experience designing and implementing user experiences.
This individual is an accomplished well-rounded developer, with a mastery of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks. They also have a thorough understanding of the implication of software designs and implementation choices on application usability, performance and maintainability.
What You Will Do
- Build performant and user friendly web applications that help our customers achieve their financial goals
- Write clean, modular, and maintainable code with sensible test coverage
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers to achieve team and company goals
- Leverage tools such as A/B testing, analytics, and SEO to increase customer acquisition
What You Will Need To Have
- Bachelors degree in computer/engineering/new-media related field or equivalent work experience
- Professional work experience building web applications
- Experience with React and GraphQL
- Experience building high traffic consumer applications, or customer acquisition funnels
- Deep understanding of cross browser, cross device, and web speed considerations
A Few Things to Know About Us
In addition to working for a world class FinTech Company and having a lot of fun doing it, Prosper provides its employees an excellent compensation and benefits plan. The plan includes incentive bonuses, stock options, company paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k with employer match and even fitness reimbursement and commuting reimbursement benefits.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.