Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $14 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
· Respond to customer inquiries via phone and/or e-mail
· Demonstrate personal interest in resolving customer concerns at the first point of contact
· Familiarize self with Prosper products, marketplace lending and personal loan products to be able to provide assistance across a wide range of inquiries· Collaborate with Fraud, Verification, Risk on behalf of customer to obtain clarification for decisions and effectively communicate with customers
· Ability to see and understand trends, collate data and escalate issues to Customer Experience management
· Able to multi-task and switch from written to verbal correspondence/inquiries seamlessly
· Excellent sales skills – consultative style placing the customer’s needs first· Share the benefits of Prosper through outbound calling to customers that have recently inquired about a personal loan
· Comfortable asking customers to verify personal and financial information· Is committed to providing exceptional service to borrowers in a professional manner at the same time safeguarding the interests of both lenders and Prosper
· At least 0 to 1 year as a Sales and Service Representative with an organization providing broad empowerment at the agent level
· Ability to be on the phone up to 8 hrs/day in a fast-paced environment
· Detail oriented – able to capture notes while navigating multiple systems and speaking to customers
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment of rapid change in procedures and prioritization
· Self-starter who is not afraid to speak up about process improvement opportunities
· Zendesk, Excel, Word, Outlook
· Familiarity with personal loan products and financial services – interest rates, amortization, credit bureau reporting, etc.
· Flexible work schedule that may include Saturday’s and evenings as business needs dictate
· Team Player – experience working with others in a collaborative environment, encouraging others and demonstrating the desire to help others succeed
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.