Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $15 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
We are seeking a Senior DBA to join our Data Platform Engineering team. The Sr. DBA will be responsible for the data platform environment including overseeing the development and maintenance of the databases, assessment, optimization for new as well as existing implementations. In this role, he/she will work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art data platform that meets current and future business objectives. The ideal candidate has deep database administration experience and seeks to design/model highly performant databases and queries. Above all other factors, the successful candidate is smart, driven, and wants to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity as we develop and define the peer-to-peer lending market.
What You Will Do
- Data Infrastructure upkeep ensuring 99.99% availability
- Create new database clusters and be responsible for HA/DR Solutions using AlwaysON, Replication, Log shipping etc for business continuity and data growth
- Liaise on installation, configuration & maintenance of SQL Server instances in a shared enterprise organization
- Responsible for promoting application related objects/code (releases) and implement CI/CD for Database stack
- Administer security - user accounts & database roles, schema, data encryption, etc.
- Support application developers and BI/BizOps/Data-science teams with database architecture, query optimization, data loads etc
- Troubleshoot performance issues and suggest/implement optimizations
- Work with and educate our dev team to make good schema design choices and optimize queries
- Automate recurring DBA tasks
- Be part of data platform engineering team on-call rotation
- Monitor database environment for high availability and disaster recovery, and proactively identify and solve issues
- Document, develop and enforce standards for best database practices
What You Will Need To Have
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Equivalent experience
- 5+ years DBA experience in developing, maintaining, and administering MS SQL Server 2005-17
- Experience setting up SQL server/Postgres/CloudSQL in GCP(Google Cloud) a plus
- Experience managing high volume, high concurrency environments and multi-TB OLTP databases
- Expert level SQL skills
- Experience coding and maintaining complicated SSIS Packages
- Penchant for automation with PowerShell, Python or other data scripting languages a strong plus
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- A curious, self-motivated, resourceful, critical-thinker
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capable of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.