Levels we're hiring for: Associate, Engineer, Sr. Engineer, Staff Engineer, Sr. Staff Engineer , Principal Engineer
Teams Hiring: Central Services, SoFi Member, Credit Card, Advice, Invest, Fraud, Growth Technology, Time to Fund, Performance, SoFi Relay, Rewards
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, investing, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Help identify technical solutions for product requirements and user stories
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 3+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stacks are JVM based services backed by a relational database running in Kubernetes. We have over 100 microservices in production.
- You should have some familiarity with Java, Kotlin or Scala programming
- You should have an understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, following coding standards and architecture
- Interest in working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs with teammates, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience managing your own investments or experience taking out loans
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker, and comfort with a command line
Specific Product Team Requirements:
SoFi Member: Tech Stack - Kotlin, Java, SpringBoot, webflux, graphQL, mysql, Cassandra
We practice and teach SOLID programming principles and expect our senior level candidates to have a good grasp on these principles.