Glossier’s mission to democratize beauty is brought to life visually and in words by the Creative team. We communicate that mission through curated campaigns and IRL experiences to create a visual dialogue of what Glossier looks and feels like.
The Creative team is looking for a Design Lead to manage print collateral, brand visual growth, and creation of supporting content. The Design Lead will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive understanding of company strategy and brand goals, keeping the brand moving forward and working collaboratively with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Digital Product, and Retail teams.
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated, and details-obsessed candidate with solid design, typography and branding skills; someone that is eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas, grow, test and learn.
You could say our team functions like an internal incubator—a hub of talent including creative direction, content, production, visual merchandising and design—that works collectively to build the future beauty company. Our approach is inclusive, discerning, and above all personal.
6 Month Expectations
- Develop “worlds” and style guides for brand experiences, generating original concepts with a fresh visual approach to design and materials
- Owns all shipping materials (shippers, tape, fill, inserts) and how the Glossier brand shows up physically at a customer’s doorstep
- Develop design system for all video content (title cards and motion graphics)
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing, Art Director, and Production to concept, layout and execute out of home and brand awareness campaigns
- Ensure that Glossier’s established look-and-feel and voice is successfully implemented across all print collateral by overseeing design and development of all pieces
12 Month Expectations:
- Constantly maintains and enforces brand guidelines (typography, materials, color palettes) for general Glossier and product collections across all touch points, updating and refining as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, etc.
- Partner with Tech leads to ensure brand is consistent across full customer journey
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to oversee brand look and feel throughout all channels (i.e., Always On videos, Social, etc)
- Work closely within the Creative team: partnering with art directors, copywriters, producers, and managing designers across multiple focuses, providing direction and inspiration
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years full-time, professional design experience, preferably with print and brand development background and preferably in beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- BA or similar degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Exceptional type and design skills a must
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Based in New York, NY or willing to relocate
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.