At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a Customer Experience Agent at Slack, you will require a broad skill set to be successful. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack's customers happy, productive, and ensuring they have the best possible experience, but you will also spend time working with the product development team to share customer feedback and insights and to test new features before release to help us build the best possible product for our customers.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate, accurate, and timely manner.
- Compose thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests across a variety of channels
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for our engineering teams
- Work with the product development and QA teams to test new features and bug fixes and surfacing meaningful customer feedback
- Make active contributions to help achieve team goals and successes
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation
What you should have
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You have prior experience in a similar role. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making our customers happy
- You understand the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you're also not afraid of the technology
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help. You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience
- Bonus points if you have previously worked with customer support for a web-based application or in a dynamic startup environment