App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As the database administrator in the OPS group you need to keep track of production database performance and ensure databases are running with high performance and availability. You are responsible for monitoring and fixing database problems while ensuring minimal impact on the business. You will be involved in all architecture review and manage the overall strategy and process related to RDBMS.
How will you be doing this?
- Build, deploy, configure and maintain PostgreSQL/RDBMS databases
- Provide the organization with clear, detailed and high value database solutions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database performance and scalability issues
- Design and implement deployment, backup and replication scenarios
- Propose and implement high availability solutions
- Manage postgresql database security to align with company security policy
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
What will you bring to the team?
- Must have at least 5 years experience as a DBA role
- Must have at least 2 database domain knowledge from Postgresql,Mysql or Oracle
- Must have at least 1 year Postgresql production experience
- Fluent in English written and spoken (International environment)
- Good to have team management experience
- Good to have experience with backup and replication solutions such as streaming replication and logical replication
- Good to have experience with PostgreSQL partition implementation like PL/Proxy
- Have Experience with PostgreSQL associated tools such as PgPool,Pgbouncer is big plus
- Have experience in NoSQL DB operation like (Mongodb, HBase) is a big plus
- Good to have AWS operation experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good to have skills in scripting using Shell/Python/Ruby is plus
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
App Annie is a fast-paced company where I could work with many teams and learn a lot.
Team members are from all over the world with various backgrounds.
The life in App Annie is wonderful as well as the work.
What do we offer?
- Stock options and competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone, Fitbit, and Mac laptop.
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Working a little later? We’ll cover your dinner and ride home.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
App Annie does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any unsolicited agency resumes received will be treated as the property of App Annie, and App Annie will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
App Annie is an equal opportunity employer. App Annie values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.