What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
App Annie is growing rapidly and we are looking for an extraordinary Senior IT Network/Administrator with vast experience, to deliver world-class technical support and network administration. Our Global IT team works cross functionally with our Engineering, IT Security, HR, and the Office Admin teams. As an integral part of the Global IT Ops team, you will be responsible for all IT related employee support and backend infrastructure for the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate is experienced working in a small and efficient IT team, reporting to the Director, Global IT Operations. You are comfortable wearing multiple hats and enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve problems. This position is uniquely suited to highly organized individuals with a wide breadth of IT knowledge and experience and the ability to work with minimal direction.
You will be responsible for system architect, deployment, configuration and maintenance of a broad array of IT systems including but not limited to, LDAP/AD, VMware, PAN firewalls and Cisco appliances, Meraki, and AV systems such as Zoom.
How will you be doing this?
- Responsible for maintaining the configurations of multiple firewalls and upgrading office firewalls
- Provide IT support for laptop/mobile, software, printers, and LAN/WLAN.
- Administer and support 70+ SaaS platforms via SSO (Onelogin, Bidium or similar service).
- Support and configure local network switches, routers, including VPN, DHCP, DNS, 802.11, and VoIP services.
- Manage new-hire onboarding/offboarding and IT orientations.
- Inventory management for laptops and mobile devices, in a primarily Mac environment, including asset setup, assignments, transfers, and depreciation.
- AV support for occasional global presentations, video conferencing, and industry-related onsite/offsite events.
- Work with an effective global IT team on projects to help standardize and streamline global IT support and productivity.
- Document IT procedures and processes for internal IT Knowledge Base and support links.
What core competencies and behaviors do you have?
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. Great judgement skills
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Knowledgeable in this field with 7-10 years IT experience. Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
What will you bring to the team?
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field.
- Great troubleshooting skills and understanding of IT problem-solving techniques and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, network and routing protocols and their related traffic patterns).
- Experience supporting wireless networks using Cisco Meraki
- Experience with PAN firewalls (Panorama, Global Protect, URL filtering)
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, HSRP, STP IPSEC
- Experience with DNS and DHCP
- Strong background in Mac OS X, iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Experience with JAMF/Casper or similar systems.
- Experience administering SaaS services including: Google Apps, Box, Adobe CC, Jira, Slack.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining general AV setups (displays, microphones, video conferencing
- Experience with LDAP user management and IT ticketing systems.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a team or independently with great efficiency.
- Great time management skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.