Associate General Counsel – Americas Commercial - Head of Global Legal Operations
San Francisco or NY
App Annie, a leader in mobile data and analytics, is a privately-held, venture-backed technology company headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
App Annie is looking for a seasoned, practical Associate General Counsel - Head of Legal Operations with software/SaaS commercial, product counseling and legal operations experience to join our legal team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast paced, sales-driven culture. This role will be dedicated to managing the expectations of the Sales and Products department as well as engaging directly with customers and partners and their attorneys during contract negotiations. Over time, this position will likely begin hiring a team to assist them in supporting the responsibilities noted below as App Annie grows. The position is based in San Francisco office (we will consider candidates for our New York office) and will report directly to our General Counsel.
- Provide global support; draft and negotiate a wide range of global commercial transactions, including cloud-based services agreements
- Provide guidance to product teams on issues related to new and existing products and features
- Serve as point of escalation for certain vendor contract related issues
- Maintain and update applicable templates and policies
- Maintain and update applicable playbooks
- Interface with Sales, Product and Finance teams to assist the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, efficiencies, processes and procedures.
- Streamline contract management processes and templates and conduct training sessions for our internal clients on procedures and other contract and legal topics.
- Work effectively with senior management and create strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders.
- 10+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer at a law firm and in-house at a cloud services company.
- Experience managing a team
- JD from an accredited law school and a member in good standing with a State Bar Association.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting cloud-based commercial agreements, as well as experience spearheading operational efficiencies to help facilitate the growth of the business.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitate clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Our ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, be well organized, and demonstrate a genuine willingness to be accountable to timely delivery with exceptional results.
- Experience in Data Privacy & Protection and/or B2C mobile apps is preferred but not required.
What do we offer
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone and Mac laptop.
- Catered lunches Monday through Thursday, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other stuff to help you get through the day.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you are happy and healthy.
- A yearly fitness stipend that will keep you up and moving.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).