Podium is an Interaction Management platform that makes it simple for local businesses to conveniently connect with leads, customers, and their teams. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies — in the last year alone. For more about our product, watch this video
. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2019. We look for people who are curious, innovative and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
As a UX Researcher at Podium, you will have an understanding of the customer, identify pain-points, goals, and develop solutions and ideas to address them. You will collaborate with product, design, and engineering teams to establish user research methodologies and processes. If you’re passionate about user experience, a team player and want to have a direct influence on Podium’s products and customers, then this is the role for you.
What you will do:
- Build user testing methodologies, mentor, and promote user research best practices across product, design, and engineering
- Passionately promote user research for the company
- Distribute and communicate research findings across departments
- Create user flows and journey maps to help establish clear pathways and establish consistent behaviors to help customers achieve their goals.
- Create insights that will influence not just the usability of a feature, but long-term product strategy as well.
What you should have:
- 4+ years of user research industry experience. Bachelor Degree in HCI, Human Behavior/Psychology, or UX related.
- Understand multiple user research methods and when to use them.
- The ability to conduct research at tactical and long-term strategic levels.
- Experience applying user research, with the ability to interpret results into the relevant analysis.
- Ability to effectively present and explain your work to multiple audiences
- Ability to promote collaboration and integrate new ideas into your work
- Effectively work across a large organization with multiple divisions and enhance research communication, findings, and conclusions.
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, medical, dental, vision benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies