SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more.
SoFi Invest is SoFi’s new and unique investment platform that includes our market-leading robo-advisor, an online brokerage for stock and ETF trading, and a crypto investing service. This is the only service that offers these all in a single platform! If you’re interested in helping people achieve financial independence and shaping the future of how people invest, we would love to speak with you!
On our team, leaders aren’t bureaucrats with a clipboard. You will be expected to show servant leadership, inspiring the engineers on your team and making the team greater than the sum of its parts. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership, a drive for delivery, and is a great mentor.
Lead and inspire multiple full-stack development teams
Build and grow a world-class engineering team
Hold the team accountable for delivery
Shape and support the team culture
Collaborate with the product owners from conception of product through finalization
Work with other leaders across SoFi’s products
Qualification and Experience:
- 15+ yrs experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- 10+ yrs leading teams of Engineers
- 3+ years managing Directors
- Experience managing remote teams and stakeholders
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving initiatives from inception to completion
- Some programming experience and understanding of modern technology
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Ability to hold others accountable
- Experience working on personal finance, investing, financial services, and social experiences
- Experience with operating trading systems at scale, include some of the following : Trading Desk, Risk mitigation, operational controls, compliance/regulatory, OMS, settlement
- Strong project planning, time management, and collaboration skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, preferably with Scrum
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits; 100% of premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Company paid lunch program, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Subsidized gym membership
- And of course, competitive salary packages and bonuses
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.