SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more.
Our Invest product and design team are designing for the future of personal finance through our invest products. Our mission is to help our members find their path to financial independence by providing them with the tools, resources, and guidance they need to get there. We're building machine learning (ML) driven experiences that empower people to be and proactive about getting their investments right. SoFi Money is a digital checking and savings account featuring high interest, no fees, and free ATMs. We believe that managing income and spending does not mean laborious budgeting or a complex network of accounts at various institutions. SoFi Money aims to be a one-stop shop for all the tools our members need to get their money right through intuitive design driven by research based insight including physical cards. If you have a passion for end to design UX design to create products that disrupt the industry to help people get their money right, then SoFI is the place for you.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Strategize with product managers from conception of product through finalization, including working closely with engineering team to implement visual polished design
- Push and develop one’s own creativity, challenge previously-established thinking patterns, and discover new ways of problem solving all while being a clear and effective communicator
- Key participant in user experience research and usability studies with members and potential members
- Be a leading architect on how members will engage with Invest, SoFi Money and our physical cards
- Collaborate with other designers across SoFi products
- Lead and inspire a team of designers
- Define design strategy for Invest, SoFi Money and our physical cards
Qualification and Experience:
- 15+ yrs experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- 4+ yrs experience leading design across multiple product lines
- 5+ yrs leading teams of designers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for building businesses
- Expert in best practices in UI / UX and information architecture across iOS, Android and responsive web
- Experience with current design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision)
- Strong project planning, time management, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of how to use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Able to effectively communicate design solutions to engineering, product, marketing, business, and executive leadership
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Experience working on personal finance, data visualization, ecommerce, and social experiences
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.