What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
App Annie is in the progress of micro-servicelization and API first approaching. I worked for the fundamental part of the web architecture. It’s so challenging because any work I did impacts widely and deeply. It's so important because our work always targets to improve the development efficiency of the company significantly.
How will you be doing this?
- Working with other responsible people, including engineers, product manager, and designers to architect and estimate features.
- Combining the best from the native and web technologies to leverage high performance and cross-platform code.
- Work extensively with large internal code bases as well as open source projects.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues including resource usage (memory, CPU, network), responsiveness and latencies.
- Define new performance metrics incl. monitoring and anomaly detection.
- Build tooling that enables efficient performance issues troubleshooting.
- Have fun and contribute to the product's success.
What will you bring to the team?
- 5+ years of experience in web backend development.
- Master at least one of the main programming languages, Python is preferred.
- Strong problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills.
- Experience in microservice architecture.
- Experience on RDBMS and at least one NoSQL Database, PlProxy or MyCat is a big plus.Experience with framework or reusable component design is a big plus.
- Experience with concurrent programming, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Understand high availability, scalability and concurrency management.
- Good English spoken and written skills.
- Great sense of responsibility and ownership, you own what you build and you’re proud of it.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
App Annie is a great place for any engineer who wants to take the challenge and grow fast, because it never stop striving for excellence.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
App Annie does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any unsolicited agency resumes received will be treated as the property of App Annie, and App Annie will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
App Annie is an equal opportunity employer. App Annie values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.