Software Engineer at Attentive
New York City, NY, US
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $40 million Series B investment led by Sequoia Capital in July 2019. Across our key product metrics, YoY growth is 1000%+ and is only accelerating. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to bolster our development team. Our team is focused on building applications to facilitate and support a new communication channel for marketers.
You at Attentive
- You have worked professionally with web technologies for 2+ years.
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality.
- You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques.
- You are excited by new technologies but appreciate the cost of something new.
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger scale changes.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup
Tech at Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is over 20 engineers from NYC’s top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- Our platform consists of a microservices architecture hosted on AWS that ingests tens of millions of events per day. Each event is fed into a segmentation framework that schedules messages based on behavior - over a million of these messages are sent out every day.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans
- Unlimited vacation and a number of company-wide holidays
- Catered lunch every day, customized snacks and drinks
- Budget to buy whatever equipment you need to do your job
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events