We’re hiring an Engineering Manager for our Operations Systems team, responsible for Glossier’s supply chain and fulfillment infrastructure. You’ll join a small and growing team of engineers and a product manager with the mission of building the tools that enable Glossier’s operations to scale. You’ll empower Glossier to deliver physical products ever-more quickly and efficiently.
As manager, you’ll ensure the smooth delivery of several work streams. In a given week, you may guide an architecture discussion about a new fulfillment service, ensure our warehouse systems can support an upcoming product launches, and help debug fulfillment edge-cases with a vendor.
As a leader, you’ll be a role model for inclusivity and mindful communication, and always looking to elevate our team’s culture.
6 Month Expectations:
- Help your team ship major projects, like a new inventory tracking service to improve warehouse operations and improving the accuracy of delivery dates.
- Set personal development goals for you and your reports. Our Engineering Ladder is publicly available, and is a useful tool to help support the growth of our team.
- Work with the team and stakeholders to build a roadmap of impactful projects to improve our supply chain and fulfillment infrastructure
12+ Month Expectations:
- Support a rapid expansion of international shipping options
- Hire several engineers to more effectively optimize our product lifecycle and get products to our customers faster.
- Evolved the mission and scope of the team as the organization grows; taking on new responsibilities, and devolving some to other teams.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted the the customer
- Previous experience managing software engineers
- Experience building and maintaining service-oriented architectures and distributed systems
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.