About your role:
As a Full Stack Developer in the I-Wing team you will work in a cross-ocean product team, delivering the best web experience for millions of Fandom’s users. You will help us with scaling and improving our products by creating a wide range of features to allow fans to contribute and consume their content more easily. You will become a part of autonomous, experienced team, where you will be involved in all steps of our development process, allowing you to contribute your own ideas and improvements to our platform.
A person we are looking for should have a problem solving mindset, an experience with writing scalable, resilient and testable code as well as a deep understanding of modern web technologies. You should also be familiar with Java. Your collaborative and mentoring skills are more than welcome.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and extending microservices for our platform
- Optimising apps for the best performance
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Taking part of end-to-end app design process
- Solving both technical and business challenges
- Sharing knowledge with others
- Giving feedback to your peers
- Proposing new solutions, ideas, and approaches to both technical and business processes
- Professional experience in object-oriented languages
- A strong eye for tuning and performance
- Experience with developing large scale, highly-trafficked and dynamic websites
- Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve technical and operational issues
- Understanding and appreciating the full stack of modern web applications from server's bare metal to the user's browser
- Passion for delivering well-structured, tested, maintainable and useful software quickly
- Willingness to seek and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to work with distributed teams in different time zones
- Good English skills
- Business-oriented mindset
Bonus points if you...
- Contribute to open source projects
- Are passionate about something outside of your job and like to geek out about
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Team lunches and events
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Interest and hobby groups
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
- Well-equipped and constantly expanding library
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.