About the role:
POPSUGAR is looking for a well-organized, versatile, detail-oriented Associate Editor to join our Native Editorial team. If you love writing and editing lifestyle content, strategizing for SEO-winning content, and working collaboratively with brand partners, we want to meet you! Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for health and wellness content, a knack for organization, and an analytical eye.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Senior Native Editor and Project Manager to understand the project vision for a dedicated client to ultimately deliver best-in-class white label content
- Serve as part of the client-facing team to strategize with clients, secure creative assets and receive direction from client
- Prepare for and participate in regular in-person meetings with client
- Use industry expertise, POPSUGAR Insights, and experience to strategize and create innovative, successful, ROI-driven content and social programs for a dedicated client
- Assign, edit, and write a high volume of fitness, health and living content
- Use analytics to track the performance of your stories and plan future content accordingly
- Generate monthly and ad-hoc reports on competitive landscape, metrics, and POVs on the sponsored/branded content space
What you’ll do:
- The ideal candidate will have the desire and ability to execute content strategy, anticipate needs, easily communicate and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must have a strong ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines at one time
- Must be a savvy, confident, high-producing writer and editor
In order to thrive in this role, you must have...
- 3-5 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Proven line editing skills and the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience with content strategy and working with writers
- A firm understanding of POPSUGAR’s voice and the expertise to edit and produce content with little direction
- A healthy obsession with social and digital media
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Great communication, collaboration, and attention to detail skills
- HTML and Photoshop skills are also a plus!
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such asPOPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, thePOPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com