POPSUGAR is seeking a talented, organized, and resourceful Photo Producer to join our Photo Production team in New York. The Photo Producer will work alongside our creative, editorial, sales, and social teams to execute POPSUGAR brand and co-branded photo shoots. This person must be detail-oriented, methodical, and skilled in prioritizing a multitude of tasks.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce photo shoots for POPSUGAR by casting and booking talent, securing crew, scheduling go see’s, scouting locations, and establishing permits.
- Manage and oversee the post production process, retouching and photo asset allocation.
- Collaborate with the photo production team to maintain and source new and emerging talent (i.e. photographers, stylists, hmu) and assist with scheduling for all staff and talent on photo shoots.
- Ensure art directors, stylists, photographers, and retouchers adhere to timelines, style guides, capture, and photography workflows.
- Actively take part in creative, production, and post production discussions to help provide creative solutions for executions that are budget conscious.
- Manage and maintain a strict budget while communicating the impact of any changes that arise throughout a project’s life cycle.
- Follow billing process for all designated projects. Serve as liaison between finance and production team to ensure all billing is submitted accurately and on time
- Manage contracts and communicate between photo production and legal teams to ensure all model and crew paperwork is submitted accurately and punctually.
- Assess the urgency of sales team requests and make informed decisions that support the client’s needs and objectives while maintaining proper balance with studio schedules and workflows.
- Maintain client relationships, and set ambiance to maintain a highly reputed standard for the POPSUGAR brand.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of photo production experience.
- Thorough understanding of photo production processes.
- Seasoned in planning and executing photo shoots from start to finish.
- Knowledge of retouching process and maintaining an asset management system.
- Strong analytical skills and experience managing budgets and scheduling.
- Proactively researches new technologies and stays updated on the latest industry trends.
- Maintain a network of contacts and continuously seek and identify new talent.
- Excellent negotiator, strong collaborator, and resourceful problem solver.
- Superior communication skills - verbal, written, and presentational.
- Exceptional work ethic with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Solution-oriented. Stays positive under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Experience using CaptureOne, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Suite required.
Occasional evening, weekend, and offsite work is required as neededPhysical Requirements:
Required to stand for extended periods of time while on set, occasionally lift moderately heavy objects such as product, wardrobe, props, equipment, and shoot supplies. About POPSUGAR:
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such asPOPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, thePOPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com