About the role:
POPSUGAR is looking for a well-organized, versatile, ROI-oriented Senior Native Editor to join our Native Editorial team to produce outstanding Health and Wellness content to appear on our site. If you love SEO strategizing, evaluating performance data, writing and editing wellness and lifestyle content, and working collaboratively, we want to meet you! Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced health editor with a passion for wellness content, a preoccupation with organization, and an analytical eye.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with our Fitness Editor and Creative Services Manager to understand the project vision for a dedicated client to ultimately deliver best-in-class content
- Prepare for and lead regular in-person meetings with client
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar that will be executed by the team
- Use industry expertise, POPSUGAR Insights, and experience to strategize and create innovative, successful, ROI-driven content and social programs for a dedicated client
- Assign, edit, and write a high volume of fitness, health and living content
- Use analytics to track the performance of stories, determine the effectiveness of headlines, and review metadata to then plan future content accordingly
- Present monthly and ad-hoc reports to executive team on competitive landscape, metrics, and POVs on the sponsored/branded content space
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the desire and ability to lead content strategy, maintain a complex editorial calendar, anticipate needs, easily communicate, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Have a strong ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines and people at once
- Easily communicate feedback and direction to the client and team
- Be a savvy, confident, writer and editor
In order to thrive in this role, you must have...
- 5-7 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Proven line editing skills and the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience setting content strategy and working with writers
- Proven analytical skills and mastery of SEO tools
- A firm understanding of POPSUGAR’s voice and the expertise to edit and produce content with little direction
- A healthy obsession with social and digital media
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Great communication, collaboration, and attention to detail skills
- HTML and Photoshop skills are also a plus!
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such asPOPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, thePOPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com