About the Role
Uber operates in 70+ markets in dozens of currencies offering a variety of products (Rides, Eats, Freight etc.). This requires robust safety and trust programs including maintaining a reliable global insurance program for our users and partners. Further, Uber is making a huge investment in financial products globally to provide secure and easy access to financing for users of the platform including stored value products, wallets, remittance products and lending products. Underlying the global business and growth, involves Identifying exposures and determining the best solution to manage the risk including currency risk.
This role will be part of a team that will impact the fundamental way the accounting team supports the business, by building processes to ensure timely, accurate and complete recording and reporting of business and corporate activities. This will be an unique opportunity that involves both strong technical accounting and operational accounting related to financial products, insurance and cash/FX management.
What You'll Do
- Part of designing and implementing effective back-office accounting operations & processes
- implementing Treasury system of record to ensure accurate, timely and complete reporting of managing an investment and derivatives portfolio and reconciling front office activities to financial reporting
- In cooperation with Product, Finance Technology and Finance Operations, designing and implementing a robust infrastructure between Uber's platform and the various financial partners (e.g. card networks, banks, PSPs etc.) for the products and services (e.g. stored value, open/close e-wallets, remittance, lending) to enable the appropriate accounting of transactions from initiation to settlement.
- tracking cash flows end to end including segregation of funds, performing reconciliations at various hand-off points to ensure accurate, timely and complete internal/external reporting for financial products.
- Apply appropriate USGAAP framework (e.g. ASC 606, 310, 320, 815, 820, 830, 944 etc) and perform technical accounting analysis including documentation for
- various financial products/services offered
- short-term insurance contract activities
- cash, investment and FX strategies executed by Treasury Group including timely hedge documentation and assessing effectiveness of hedging relationships
- Finding the right balance between managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals
- Work closely with FP&A, legal, regulatory, and corporate governance groups to ensure process and controls are in compliance
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- More than 9 years of experience with financial services
- Strong critical analytical skills and agility to understand, assess complex/unique transactions
- Experience with Oracle or another large scale ERP is preferred
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements
- Great teammate, you have the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.